Folding and Unfolding a Trampoline
Folding and unfolding the trampoline should be carried out wearing shoes/trainers, only by trained staff or under the direct supervision of trained staff.
Folding and unfolding the trampoline should be carried out by at least 2 trained, suitably sized, people.
Never pull the trampoline towards you when folding or unfolding and never go underneath the trampoline.
When not in use the trampoline should be chained and locked or placed in a secure store.
- Holding the leg sections, rotate the trampoline and place the leg sections on the floor. Do not allow the leg sections to drop onto the floor and NEVER GO UNDERNEATH THE TRAMPOLINE.
- Pull out both leg sections until the chains are taut. It is very important to make sure the chains are not twisted.
- With roller stands – With at least 2 strong people lifting the trampoline, remove the roller stands and lower the trampoline gently. With lifting roller stands – hold the lifting arm firmly before releasing the plunger, gently lower the lifting roller stands and remove.
- Unfold the first end section of the trampoline and lower it down slowly. Avoid dropping the end section.
- Secure the leg braces.
- Unfold the second end section. This end has some tension so will require controlled pulling motion to lower it down. Again avoid dropping this end section.
- Secure the leg braces.
- Insert frame pad hinge flaps if applicable.
- Check the springs to ensure the hooks are pointing down, all leg braces are secure, there is no torn or loose stitching on the bed and the frame pads are all secure.
- Remove frame pad hinge flaps where applicable.
- Release the leg braces from the end section you are about to fold.
- Slowly lift the end section in a controlled manor. There can be a considerable amount of tension and the end section is heavy so do not allow it to develop high momentum. BEWARE keep elbows out of folding end sections.
- Release the remaining 2 leg braces and fold the end, there is no tension on this end but it is still heavy and should be controlled.
- With roller stands – Insert the roller stands ensuring they are fully inserted. With at least two strong people lift the trampoline until the roller stands are vertical.
- With lifting roller stands – hold the lifting arm firmly and remove the plunger, lift the lifting roller stands to the highest position and insert the plunger. BEWARE the lifting arm can rotate freely and with extreme force. KEEP FINGERS AWAY FROM ANY MOVING PARTS.
- From the end where the bed is rounded and overlapping (furthest away from the metal bar of the end section) rotate the trampoline.
- Lift the lower leg section up and underneath the upper leg section.
- Ensure the trampoline is vertical and the roller stand hook(s) are around the frame.